Monday, September 30, 2013
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
THE WHOLE FOODS MARKET TEAM MEMBER MUSIC PROJECT
Vote for your favorite finalist starting October 1st!
Hey Team Members,
We had a great response to our second Team Member Music Project, and now it’s time for the next big step!
- On October 1st, the public voting site – in partnership with VH1 – will go live, and the 10 global finalists will be announced both internally and externally. (Even the finalists won't officially know who they are until this date!)
- Starting October 1st, the public will be able to listen to and vote on their favorite band/artist and be entered to win a trip for two to a VH1 You Oughta Know concert in New York City in November. Team Members are eligible to vote but are not eligible for the trip sweepstakes.
As a reminder, here’s what’s happened so far:
- Team Members from all 12 regions and Global Support submitted 507 songs June 28 - July 26 for consideration in the contest.
- Regional panelists, selected from across each region, listened to their region’s submissions and ranked them.
- We took the top 50 highest-ranked songs from across the company for the preliminary finalists.
- A global panel, made up of one representative from each region, reviewed those 50 and voted on them, narrowing them down to 10 global finalists.
We hope you're as excited as we are – stay tuned for the announcement of the finalists and how to vote next week!
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Twenty-two of Whole Foods' top butchers and fishmongers gathered in Director Park to duke it out in the free, open-to-the-public live battle of sharp minds and sharper knives. Competitors blasted through a series of quick-fire challenges in front of a live audience and panel of expert and celebrity judges, including Aaron Franklin, pitmaster and owner of Franklin BBQ and Austin's James Beard award winner Paul Qui.
Check it out here on portlandmonthlymag.com
Check it out here on portlandmonthlymag.com
Who knew?! Next Wednesday Oct 2nd is National Kale Day.
- Huge opportunity for Produce and PFDs to call out and have fun with displays and dishes already in production
- In store driven – please share with your TL's, in store marketing and sign artists
- Share - #nationalkaleday
- Kick some Kale!
We Own this!
Greetings CTC family,
As many of you know, the country of Kenya was hit with tragedy this past Saturday, September 21 at Nairobi’s Westgate shopping mall. The attack was one of desperation by a struggling Jihadi group to create strife within Kenya and as an attempt to provoke a backlash against ethnic Somalis by the Kenyan government and Kenyan citizens.
The images of terrified Kenyans, tourists, mothers, fathers and children is shocking and creates a reasonable fear and painful reminder that safety is often beyond our control. Whether these shootings are taking place abroad or even in our own country like Chicago and at the Navy Yard in Washington DC earlier this month, the immediate response is fear and protection.
I want to share with all of you that CTC realizes these fears and is doing all that we can to ensure the safety of our teams, our staff and those that we serve on a daily basis. At the core of CTC’s efforts is empowerment and as a result during times like these we will stay committed to our communities in Kenya and continue the work before us.
I’d like to share the following quote from CTC’s Kenya tour partner, Gamewatchers Safaris:
"Kenya's tourism industry is not affected and all tourism facilities and services continue to operate as normal without any disruption to our clients' itineraries. Until the situation is resolved, the roads in the vicinity of the affected shopping centre will be avoided but otherwise it is business as usual throughout the country. President Kenyatta has urged international visitors not to be deterred from coming on holiday to Kenya and not to allow the terrorists to achieve their aim to damage the country's economy by frightening people so that they fear to travel away from home. Other international leaders have urged that isolated and random terrorist atrocities which happen in many different parts of the world should not be allowed to stop people from leading normal lives."
Paralyzing us with fear and keeping us from living normal lives is exactly what these terrorist groups seek to do, whether they be in Chicago or in Kenya.
CTC’s thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost loved ones and with all of our friends in Kenya who are enduring any struggles as a result of this tragedy. Know that we are with you and that we are committed more than ever.
If you are planning to travel with CTC to Kenya anytime in the near future please know that we are taking the highest of precautions to ensure your safety and we will continue to update you on the latest news and any changes in the situation.
I recommend the following article, What The Deadly Attack On A Kenya Mall Was Really About by Ken Menkhaus for those who would like to know more about the situation surrounding the Westgate Mall.
For those with further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly, email@example.com.
- See more at: http://www.ctcinternational.org/blog/2013/09/24/message-ctcs-founder#sthash.Fpn3huFl.dpuf
I always knew we had great vendors, but this really proves that true! Villa Tatra is up and running. They are very determined, so determined that they have to use a 4 wheeler to go to and from their facility. The closest functioning road is a .25 mile away.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
The 2013 National Beard and Moustache Championships took place on Saturday, September 7, 2013 at the House of Blues in New Orleans, Louisiana. Las Vegas photographer Greg Anderson captured wonderful photos of each of the contestants with his Mamiya 645DF camera. You can view more of Greg’s photos from the event on Facebook. Jeff Langum of Philadelphia won gold in the “Full Natural Beard” category and received top honors at the championship. A full list of category winners can be found on the Beard Team USA Facebook page. Click here to read more at laughingsquid.com